[squid-users] AUP using squid_session + username

From: John Kenyon <JKenyon_at_bgwgroup.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:13:40 +1000

Hi All,

I've been looking into setting up an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) page with Squid 3.0 using squid_session.

As I understand only the %s variable (requested url) can be used with deny_info, however if I specify an error page I have access to other variables, i.e. %a which contains username. Is there any way to pass the username to an external page using deny_info?

The external page will be using php (therefore cannot use an error page) to check and log the acceptance of the AUP in a database. Also I am using NTLM for auth.

Regards,

John