[squid-users] Squid pops up password dialog when remote site is not reachable

From: Ayhan Molla <molla5_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am using Squid 2.6 and also NTLM is configured. When the remote site is available system works as expected. If the remote site is down or if I type some unreachable address to the location bar such as 22.33.44.55 the browser pops up a password dialog asking for credentials.

I tried searching the mail archieves for keyword "password dialog" but the results returned was unrelated to this issue.

Has anyone got an idea about that?