Re: [squid-users] Squid can't access all links

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:33:04 +1200

Adam_at_Gmail wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to solve this issue.
> here it is
>
> let's say I try and access
> http://mysite.com/folder/
>
> it works fine right?
> but if I try and access for instance
> http://mysite.com/folder/admin_login.php
>
> it doesn't
>
> How is it possible for squid to access only on part of the site and not
> the rest?

1) access control configuration problems
3) multi-domain website design (plus the above)
2) websites relying on XSS vulnerabilities to work.

> This happens in almost every site I have.
> I can't login to the admin area on some websites.

And what form of login is being used?

> Another problem is when people register e-mails are not sent as they
> used to, NO I haven't changed anything the only thing I added was Squid
> Do I need to configure Squid to access every page, file, image on every
> site I have?

PHP4 and PHP5.5 don't use the same config file. The only other times
I've heard of these mailing symptoms so far is after upgrading PHP
without fixing the php.ini file.

I very much doubt your PHP is using HTTP protocol (Squid) to send SMTP
protocol (email) data. Assuming the HTTP request the triggers the PHP
handler is reaching the web server.

Amos

--
Please be using