Re: [squid-users] Squid How much traffic transferred

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:26:54 +1200

b1 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am not entirely sure on what source munin draws its information, but I
> am using Munin for this purpose (On a Debian Lenny System). Since our
> munin graphs aren`t accessible outside the Internet I found this
> webpage:
>
> http://stats.ping.de/munin/buero.ping.de/blackhole.buero.ping.de.html#Squid

For ongoing measurement polling (munin, cacti, rrd, etc) use the SNMP
interface to Squid:
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Snmp

For quick checks the human interface (CacheMgr) can be found via:
   squidclient mgr:menu

The particular stats asked for are at:
   squidclient mgr:5min
   squidclient mgr:60min

NP: you may have to set a password in squid.conf and use it with
"squidclient mr:action_at_password" for these requests to work.

Amos

--
Please be using