[squid-users] Yahoo mail Display problem

From: goody goody <thinkodd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am running squid 2.5 on 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, since the number of years and was working very fine.

Few days back i replaced my old windows 2003 DNS server and installed new server with windows server 2008 OS and configured DNS on it with the same IP address, since then i started to receive problem.

"Unable to determine IP address from host name xxx"

DNS server returned

"No Address Records"

This means

Cache was unable to resolve host name present in the url
check if the address is correct.

Following the error I revisited the DNS configuration and found fine. after then i flushed the cache and recreated it using squid -z, assuming that it may help me out, but it didn't as after flushing the cache yahoo mail page started to appear scattered in the explorer.

So can you please let me know why squid is behaving like this and how can i fix these issues?

An early solution would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,
.Goody.