RE: [squid-users] Re: Re: Creating a kerberos Service Principal.

From: GIGO . <gigoz_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 06:22:11 +0000

Dear Markus/all,

I am unable to create the keytab using mskutil please help me out i followed the following steps:

1. I created a OU and named it UnixOU
2. I created a group account in the UnixOU and named it as UnixAdmins
3. I make my windows account bilal_admin part of UnixAdmins group.
4. I set the settings of UnixOU to be managed by UnixAdmins.
5. Then i synch time of Squid Machine and Active directory.
6. My domain fully qualified domain name is v.local and netbios names is V.
7. My domain controller name is vdc (fqdn=vdc.v.local)
8. The following lines were changed in the krb5.conf while rest being untouched.

   [libdefaults]
            default_realm=V.LOCAL

    [realms]

        V.LOCAL = {
             kdc = vdc.v.local:88
             admin_server = kerberos.example.com:749 (e.g this not changed does it matter at the step of creation of keytab)
             default_domain = example.com (unchanged)
             }

The i run the following commands to create the keytab:

kinit squidadmin_at_V.LOCAL

msktutil -c -b "OU=unixPrincipals" -s HTTP/v.local -h squidLhrTest.v.local -k /etc/squid/HTTP.keytab --computer-name squid-http --upn HTTP/v.local --server vdc.v.local --verbose

Output of the Command:

 -- init_password: Wiping the computer password structure
 -- finalize_exec: Determining user principal name
 -- finalize_exec: User Principal Name is: HTTP/v.local_at_V.LOCAL
 -- create_fake_krb5_conf: Created a fake krb5.conf file: /tmp/.mskt-3550krb5.conf
 -- get_krb5_context: Creating Kerberos Context
 -- try_machine_keytab: Using the local credential cache: /tmp/.mskt-3550krb5_ccache
 -- try_machine_keytab: krb5_get_init_creds_keytab failed (Client not found in Kerberos database)
 -- try_machine_keytab: Unable to authenticate using the local keytab
 -- try_ldap_connect: Connecting to LDAP server: vdc.v.local
 -- try_ldap_connect: Connecting to LDAP server: vdc.v.local
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: squidadmin_at_V.LOCAL
SASL SSF: 56
SASL installing layers
 -- ldap_get_base_dn: Determining default LDAP base: dc=v,dc=local
Warning: No DNS entry found for squidLhrTest.v.local
 -- get_short_hostname: Determined short hostname: squidLhrTest-v-local
 -- finalize_exec: SAM Account Name is: squid-http$
Updating all entries for squidLhrTest.v.local in the keytab /etc/squid/HTTP.keytab
 -- try_set_password: Attempting to reset computer's password
 -- ldap_check_account: Checking that a computer account for squid-http$ exists
No computer account for squid-http found, creating a new one.
Error: ldap_add_ext_s failed (Insufficient access)
Error: ldap_check_account failed (No CSI structure available)
Error: set_password failed
 -- krb5_cleanup: Destroying Kerberos Context
 -- ldap_cleanup: Disconnecting from LDAP server
 -- init_password: Wiping the computer password structure

please help me resolving the issue.

regards,

Bilal Aslam