RE: [squid-users] squid.conf.documented instead of squid.conf?

From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio_at_piramide.ch>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:13:21 +0200

Hello Amos,

> > B) is it normal that now the /etc/squid3/squid.conf is not
> anymore a
> > file, but a directory?
>
> No. It's a new bug in the Debian squid3-3.1.1-2 package.
> Hopefully Luigi can fix it again.

I checked bug-reportings and there it is:

BUG #577615 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=577615)

> > C) how can I extract the actual configuration from the
> running squid3?
>
> squidclient mgr:config_at_password
> (catch-22: usually requires the "password" as configured in
> cachemgr_passwd in squid.conf)

I'm getting error:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
cache_object://localhost/config_at_cachemgr

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect.

---------
Password is correct, because I can login via webinterface at

http://172.16.16.221/cgi-bin/cachemgr3.cgi

Any clues to go further?

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti