[squid-users] parent / child relationships

From: SHURMER Kev \(AXA-TECH-UK\) <Kev.SHURMER_at_axa-tech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:38:13 +0100

Hi,

We are looking to set up a single proxy in a remote location using the existing servers as parent servers. Can someone advise if we can create a parent/child relationship between 1 child and 2 parents ( and what is the alogorithym or usage round/robin or failover ). Alternatively can we create this relationship through a Content Switch that that uses a virtual IP address for the master proxy farm.

I can see plenty of information on the forums, but none that directly answers my query, and I'm getting pushed for a design very soon, to solve a problem.

Thanks for anticipated help.

Kev Shurmer
Network Analyst - TS Data Networks
AXA Technology Services
kev.shurmer_at_axa-tech.com
Tel. : +44 1 253 68 4652 - Mob. : +44 7974 83 0090
AXA redefining / standards

Please consider the environment before printing this message

This email originates from AXA Technology Services UK Limited (reg.
no. 1854856) which has its registered office at 5 Old Broad Street,
London EC2N 1AD, England.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this in error, you should not disseminate or copy
this email. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email
from your system.

Please also note that any opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The AXA
UK Plc Group.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, or error free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, late in
arriving or incomplete as a result of the transmission process. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of email
transmission.

Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
viruses. The AXA UK Plc Group accept no liability for any damage