Re: [squid-users] parent / child relationships

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:06:24 +0000

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:38:13 +0100, "SHURMER Kev \(AXA-TECH-UK\)"
<Kev.SHURMER_at_axa-tech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to set up a single proxy in a remote location using the
> existing servers as parent servers. Can someone advise if we can create
> parent/child relationship between 1 child and 2 parents ( and what is
the

Must the same as this:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/MultipleWebservers

only you use some difference ACL rules. Matching whatever traffic you need
to pass through the parents. Probably the whole localnet or our_networks
ACL.

The parent only needs ACL controls to permit the children to connect as
clients.

> alogorithym or usage round/robin or failover ). Alternatively can we
create

That part only you can decide. By knowing the choices (as listed in the
cache_peer page) and picking the one that matches your network topology and
load.

> this relationship through a Content Switch that that uses a virtual IP
> address for the master proxy farm.

You probably could as well. I have no idea about this.

Amos