Re: [squid-users] Problem downloading files greater then 2 GB

From: Jacques Beaudoin <jacques-beaudoin_at_cspi.qc.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:13:46 -0400

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply "I was making more test"
My os version is suse enterprise 10.2 32-bits kernel 2.6.16 with 16 GB
memory on my server

I have the message *"preventing off_t overflow" in my squid log
Found this message after a google search

>> There is currently a limit in how large responses Squid can
>> handle. This limit is around 2GB on 32-bit platforms.
>>
>> This camera is most likely streaming video over HTTP, and to prevent
>>
>> internal disaster Squid terminates the connection to the camera when about
>>
>> 2GB of data has been transferred.
>>
>> There is no special action required from your part, unless ofcourse if
>>
>> your users are having problems due to this.

Could this be the reason for the interruption of file download after 2
GB....
and the solution is to install suse enterprise 64 bis version.

Thanks

Jacques

Hi
Tell me OS version and kernel version,physical memory and sysctl.conf file.
Also squid.conf after removing hash.