Re: [squid-users] Problem downloading files greater then 2 GB

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:01:40 +1200

Jacques Beaudoin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my late reply "I was making more test"
> My os version is suse enterprise 10.2 32-bits kernel 2.6.16 with 16 GB
> memory on my server

Ouch. Yes definitely go to a 64-bit kernel. It will already be having
other problems simply addressing most of that RAM.

> I have the message *"preventing off_t overflow" in my squid log
> Found this message after a google search

Squid can handle 64-bit for 'large' files even if Squid itself is 32-bit
if the build environment and underlying kernel can support larger types.
It sounds to me like the kernel Squid was built against could not
support it.
Going to 64-bit kernel and rebuilding Squid may indeed be what you require.

Amos

--
Please be using