[squid-users] Squid 3.1 ICAP bug on Solaris

From: Niall O'Cuilinn <nocuilinn_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:16:20 +0100

Hi

We have found a problem with Squid 3.1 on Solaris

With ICAP enabled all pages over 49150 bytes fail to load. Squid returns an ICAP error page.

Squid sends an incomplete RESPMOD to the ICAP server. It sends chunks totalling 49150 bytes and then fails to send a final 0 byte chunk. (256 byte preview + 48894 bytes in chunks)

We have checked the tcp traffic and the full web page is returned to Squid by the web server.

This only occurs on Solaris. If we install Squid 3.1 on Linux it works fine.

We have tested on Solaris Sparc and Intel. Both have the same behaviour.

We have logged bug 2910 to describe this issue. We have attached tcp dumps and squid logs to the bug.

Best Regards
Niall

P.S. This is the same issue as 'Squid sends incomplete RESPMOD requests to ICAP Server on Solaris'. I wanted to start again since the nature of the issue is a bit clearer now.

Niall Ó Cuilinn
Product Development
ChangingWorlds - A Unit of Amdocs Interactive
t: +353 1 4401268 | niall.ocuilinn_at_changingworlds.com

AMDOCS > CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SYSTEMS INNOVATION

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp