Re: [squid-users] Slightly OT: Configuring a router for Squid.

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:52:19 -0500

Le lundi 3 mai 2010 17:11:00, Jorge Armando Medina a écrit :
> Dave Coventry wrote:
> > I need to add a proxy server to our office network.
> >
> > The router/modem is a DLink G604T and I want all requests for Internet
> > access to be re rerouted to a Debian box with Squid Installed.
>
> Im afraid this cannot be achieved with simple static routes, you need to
> setup a interceptor proxy so outgoing http traffic is intercepted by
> your router and then transparent redirec it to your squid box.
>
> If you alrewady have a debian box with squid I recommend to setup a
> firewall on it with two interfaces and use it as your default gateway,
> this way you can use transparent proxy.
>
> For more information read the wiki page:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy
>
> Best regards
>
> > How do I set this up?
> >
> > I notice that the Router has an advanced option called 'Routing' which
> > defines the Routing table.
> >
> > Options are:
> >
> > Destination:
> > Netmask:
> > Gateway:
> > Connection:
> >
> > I take it that the Destination is the Proxy Server (192.168.1.5), the
> > netmask will be 255.255.255.0
> >
> > I'm not sure what the Gateway will be, and I presume I accept the
> > default for connection, which is Pvc0.
> >
> > Or am I going in the wrong direction entirely?

as far as i understand, he has a 24 bit network,
.5 is his proxy
.1 (or whater number) his router

do you need to proxy all so there are your possibilities:

1. If you have your own internal dns or winbugs domain, use wpad
2. configure by hand all your browsers
3. if you want transparent proxy you need advanced arp poissoning :) jejeje
or my professional services :P

Regards,

LD