Re: [squid-users] Slightly OT: Configuring a router for Squid.

From: Jorge Armando Medina <jmedina_at_e-compugraf.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 17:11:00 -0500

Dave Coventry wrote:
> I need to add a proxy server to our office network.
>
> The router/modem is a DLink G604T and I want all requests for Internet
> access to be re rerouted to a Debian box with Squid Installed.

Im afraid this cannot be achieved with simple static routes, you need to
setup a interceptor proxy so outgoing http traffic is intercepted by
your router and then transparent redirec it to your squid box.

If you alrewady have a debian box with squid I recommend to setup a
firewall on it with two interfaces and use it as your default gateway,
this way you can use transparent proxy.

For more information read the wiki page:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy

Best regards

--
Jorge Armando Medina