[squid-users] Slightly OT: Configuring a router for Squid.

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 23:41:32 +0200

I need to add a proxy server to our office network.

The router/modem is a DLink G604T and I want all requests for Internet
access to be re rerouted to a Debian box with Squid Installed.

How do I set this up?

I notice that the Router has an advanced option called 'Routing' which
defines the Routing table.

Options are:

Destination:
Netmask:
Gateway:
Connection:

I take it that the Destination is the Proxy Server (192.168.1.5), the
netmask will be 255.255.255.0

I'm not sure what the Gateway will be, and I presume I accept the
default for connection, which is Pvc0.

Or am I going in the wrong direction entirely?