Re: [squid-users] Squid bandwidth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 22:20:33 +1200

badaim2 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We planned to configure a new squid proxy server in FreeBSD. We want to
> implement bandwidth management in squid by using delaypool. We having 6mbps
> DSL connection. We going to give totally 300MB limited net usage for every
> one per day. If a single user reached his limit 300mb then that user should
> not able to access net for few hours. He should be informed via web site,
> that he reached his limit for a while. Like this we want to implement
> bandwidth management.
>
> Any real time example squid code is there for my bandwidth configuration?

What you are asking for is Quota management, not bandwidth management.

Squid does not do quotas easily yet.

Delay pools, are designed to delay things. As in set per-second
bandwidth rates to distinct groups (aka pools) of requests.

If you wish to limit each user to a connection speed of 216bps over the
entire day. Or 432bps over half the day. That is what delay pools can
help with.

Amos

--
Please be using