Re: [squid-users] Re: Joomla DB authentication support hits Squid! :)

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:03:37 -0500

Le samedi 1 mai 2010 20:57:22, Amos Jeffries a écrit :
> Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:

> >> 3.1 is under feature freeze. Anything not a security fix or regression
> >> needs to have some good reasons to be committed.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to stick to the freeze a little more with 3.1 than with 3.0,
> >> to get back into the habit of it. Particularly since we look like having
> >> a good foothold on the track for 12-month releases now.

> >> I intend to use this auth helper myself for other systems, and there are
> >> others who ask about a DB helper occasionally.
> >>

> >> Taking a better look at your changes ...
> >>
> >> The first one: db_conf = "block = 0" seems to be useless. All it does
> >> is hard-code a different default value for the --cond option.
> >>
> >> For Joomla the squid.conf should instead contain:
> >> --cond " block=0 "
> >>
> >> Which leaves the salted/non-salted hash change.
> >>
> >> Adding this:
> >> --salt-delimiter D
> >>
> >> To configure character(s) between the hash and salt values. Will not to
> >> lock people into the specific Joomla syntax of colon. There are
> >> examples and tutorials out there for app design that use other
> >> delimiters.
> >>
> >> Doing both of those changes Joomla would be configured with:
> >> ... --cond " block=0 " --salt-delimiter ":"

> >> Amos
> >
> > HI
> > i've just update my patch to fit 3.1.2
> >

> > I hope this could be included since it is based on todays snapshot.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > LD
>
> Thank you.
>
> You still have the --joomla flag. I thought you agreed to call it
> something like the --salt and take the delim character ?
>
> Amos

Amos + team,

i was adding salt support and i realize of this line
 return 1 if crypt($password, $key) eq $key;

as far as i know this is impossible, because crypt using a salt wont be eq
to that key,
because there are many scenarios i did let this line in my patch and add
another to use static salt

I also add a --sql option to let user specify complex querys. As i was
needint it to work with an INNER JOIN.

I hope you can review it.

LD