RE: [squid-users] Increasing File Descriptors - Fixed!!

From: Bradley, Stephen W. Mr. <bradlesw_at_muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:27:28 -0400

I may try that, thanks

steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa [mailto:ildefonso.camargo_at_gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 5:39 PM
To: Bradley, Stephen W. Mr.
Cc: mnhassan_at_usa.net; Squid Users
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Increasing File Descriptors - Fixed!!

Hi!

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Bradley, Stephen W. Mr.
<bradlesw_at_muohio.edu> wrote:
> Never thought of that, thanks.
>
> We use one IP address for each of the Squid servers and I gather from what you are saying that is also going to be a problem?

It depends on the amount of simultaneous outgoing connections on the
proxy, you need to evaluate that. I hit the limit once, it was on a
1000 computers network (used by college students, mainly), I had to
increase the port-range to allow 40k connections, and it went stable
on around 20k with peaks of ~35k :-S (that lasted a couple of minutes,
and occurred at least three times a day).

It was interesting.