Re: [squid-users] squid non-accel default website

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 22:38:40 +0200

tis 2010-05-11 klockan 17:04 +0200 skrev Nils Hügelmann:

> At the current state, it shows an "invalid URL" ... "while trying to
> retrieve the URL: /" error on direct access, which prevents using url
> rewriters(and deny_info too?!) so how to do this?...

You can't.

The reason is because Squid really need to know if an request is being
proxied or accelerated as it have impact on how the request should be
processed, and HTTP requires web servers (including accelerators) to
also know how to process requests using full URL.

Can't you move the proxy to a separate port, freeing up port 80 to be
used as a web server?

But yes, I guess we could add support for fallback mode when seeing an
obvious webserver request on a proxy port instead of bailing out with
invalid request.