[squid-users] Re: Squid3 Reverse Proxy based on url path

From: rainolf <rainolf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

i saw the config example in squid-cache.org :

For our example here the websites /foo directory alone is hosted on a second
server:

    * example.com is hosted on server1
    * example.com/foo is hosted on server2

acl foo urlpath_regex ^/foo

cache_peer ip.of.server1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=server1
cache_peer_access server1 deny foo

cache_peer ip.of.server2 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=server2
cache_peer_access server2 allow foo
cache_peer_access server2 deny all

this is not my case cause foo directory is not present on my 2nd
webserver..its only a fake directory just to route requests on 1st or 2nd
server depending on fake url path..

xxx.domain.com/a ------------> redirect to server1.domain.local
xxx.domain.com/b ------------> redirect to server2.domain.local