Re: [squid-users] Caching streamed flash-videos, and saving them?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:26:34 +1200

Baard Ove Kopperud wrote:
> Sorry for bugging the list with this. I looked briefly in the documentation
> at the site, but before I look some more, I'd like to know if it's at all
> possible...
>
> I want to save a streamed flash-video. Sadly the programs I usually use,
> doesn't work for this particular site; so I'd like to "kidnap" the stream while
> I'm watching it. Is that something that could be accomplished with
> Squid?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Is the video data actually being requested and
transmitted over port 80 as an HTTP reply?

> If so, how?

ICAP / eCAP body data handlers.

> And how can I save the cache-content (that
> particular file) as an ordinary file?

see above.
The handlers would be some third-party software only related to Squid by
the interface they share.
Normally the saving of files is up to your user agent (browser or other
retrieval tool).

On non-Windows OS flash videos are stored in the /tmp directory while
playing and can simply be copied from there.

Amos

--
Please be using