Re: [squid-users] Shalla's blacklist

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

From: Rich Winkel <winkelr_at_missouri.edu>
> Could someone explain the organization of this blacklist? There's a BL
> directory which includes the same categories as the top-level directory
> (and more) but the overlapping categories seem to have more entries.
> Is this for differing levels of safety or ??

I just downloaded the blacklist to see what it was...
The BL directory is just the root (has to be one).

There is only 2 same named directories (education):
$ find BL -type d | awk -F/ ' { print $NF } ' | sort | uniq -c
      1 BL
      1 adv
      1 aggressive
      1 alcohol
      1 astronomy
      1 automobile
      1 banking
      1 bikes
      1 boats
      1 cars
      1 chat
      1 chemistry
      1 cooking
      1 costtraps
      1 dating
      1 downloads
      1 drugs
      1 dynamic
      2 education
      1 finance
      1 fortunetelling
      1 forum
      1 gamble
      1 games-misc
      1 games-online
      1 gardening
      1 government
      1 hacking
      1 hobby
      1 homestyle
      1 hospitals
      1 humor
      1 imagehosting
      1 insurance
      1 isp
      1 jobsearch
      1 library
      1 lingerie
      1 martialarts
      1 military
      1 models
      1 moneylending
      1 movies
      1 music
      1 news
      1 other
      1 pets
      1 planes
      1 podcasts
      1 politics
      1 porn
      1 radiotv
      1 realestate
      1 recreation
      1 redirector
      1 religion
      1 remotecontrol
      1 restaurants
      1 ringtones
      1 schools
      1 science
      1 searchengines
      1 sex
      1 shopping
      1 socialnet
      1 sports
      1 spyware
      1 tracker
      1 trading
      1 travel
      1 updatesites
      1 violence
      1 warez
      1 weapons
      1 webmail
      1 webphone
      1 webradio
      1 webtv
      1 wellness

And they are different...
$ find BL -type d | grep education
BL/sex/education
BL/education
BL/education/schools

So I am not sure what you mean by "top-level directory"...
Maybe talking about another software including this list?

JD