RE: [squid-users] Dynamic Content Caching/Windowsupdate/Facebook/youtube

From: GIGO . <gigoz_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:22:19 +0000

You recommended the change in order of refresh_patterns same is written in the reference materials. I tried to understand what could be the reason for that but have no clue yet please guide. Further for windows clients (xpwithservice pack 3 an latest windows mostly ) do i need to manually do the configuration for winhttp proxysettings through proxycfg.exe on each computer?

regards,

Bilal
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320>>>>

refresh_pattern (get_video\?|videoplayback\?|videodownload\?) 5259487 99999999% 5259487

Amos>> The youtube pattern and all other custom refresh_patterns' need to be configured above the default set (ftp:, gopher:, cgi-bin, and . ).

refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0

Amos>> This dynamic content needs to be between the refresh_pattern ^gopher: and the refresh_pattern . patterns.