Re: [squid-users] Installed Squid and now what?

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 21:54:37 +0600

Did you read the following:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples#Reverse_Proxy_.28Acceleration.29

These will give a very good idea on what this involves, and will answer your #1.

For #2, if your Squid is hosted nearer to your users, then it might
save you bandwidth. But, if Squid is hosted just beside your HTTP
server (as is usually the case), then it will not save bandwidth for
you. What it will do is, it will help save resources on your HTTP
server (mostly if HTTP server is on a separate machine), so that you
can server more users. Squid is more efficient at file delivery than
an HTTP server.

For #3, this is not the premise of Squid (AFAIK).

Regards
HASSAN