Re: [squid-users] Installed Squid and now what?

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 00:40:00 +0200

Mustafa Aydemir wrote:
> There are many examples on web but some gave errors so i decided to
> listen to squid community.
We are all grateful for your generosity.
> 3. This is not important but it would be great if users just can
> listen them but cant download?
There are times where I wonder if the open source idea has come to an
end. I contribute to mailing lists of open source projects since 1995
and this is one of the ideas that keep floating around since then.

In other words: you can easily achieve this! Write an operating system
preventing browser selection. Then write a browser preventing "download
on right-click". Then persuade all the users of your website to use this
piece of software and "voila".
Squid does not enter into this picture....

"HTH",
Jakob Curdes