[squid-users] 2.7 upstream parent (cache_peer) connection reset. Child how to handle?

From: James Tan <jameztcc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:42:21 +0800

Hi,
I have a PoC of 2 Squids. One act as Parent and the other as Child.
I tested a website that Parent will cause browser (directly configured
to use Parent as proxy) to received connection reset. Other web pages
are passed and viewed normally.
When I tried to chain Child to Parent, and the browser (configured to
use Child), the browser hung on the 'reset' page until "The requested
URL could not be retrieved". Other normal pages are retrieved and
viewed fine.

Browser --> Child --> Parent --> 'reset' Site
(http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip)  = hung-then-failed.
Browser --> Parent --> 'reset' Site
(http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip) = immediate received
conn reset view.

How can I configure the Child to see what the Parent see?
By the way, I am using a malware/AV scan engine on the Parent OS, thus
the conn reset when chanced bad sites/pages e.g. EICAR test.
thanks,
James Tan