Re: [squid-users] 2.7 upstream parent (cache_peer) connection reset. Child how to handle?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 18:41:19 +1200

James Tan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a PoC of 2 Squids. One act as Parent and the other as Child.

A "Proof of Concept" for using two Squids?

I believe those experiments were completed successfully proving that two
caches could talk to each other back in the 1980's.

What does that acronym mean to you?

> I tested a website that Parent will cause browser (directly configured
> to use Parent as proxy) to received connection reset. Other web pages
> are passed and viewed normally.
> When I tried to chain Child to Parent, and the browser (configured to
> use Child), the browser hung on the 'reset' page until "The requested
> URL could not be retrieved". Other normal pages are retrieved and
> viewed fine.
>
> Browser --> Child --> Parent --> 'reset' Site
> (http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip) = hung-then-failed.
> Browser --> Parent --> 'reset' Site
> (http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip) = immediate received
> conn reset view.
>
> How can I configure the Child to see what the Parent see?
> By the way, I am using a malware/AV scan engine on the Parent OS, thus
> the conn reset when chanced bad sites/pages e.g. EICAR test.
> thanks,
> James Tan

Is that AV scanner being used by the parent Squid to test file data on
arrival before they are indexed and passed around?
  or is it being used to scan the cache directory and corrupt the parent
Squid index by removing or worse 'cleaning' cached files?

Amos

--
Please be using