Re: [squid-users] 2.7 upstream parent (cache_peer) connection reset. Child how to handle?

From: James Tan <jameztcc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 00:14:47 +0800

Hi Amos,

the PoC is for a project involving malware inspection, a personal
project. I tried to chain 2 Squids as part of solution.

The AV perform the check on the wire before actually allowing Parent
Squid to get hold of it.
I.e. Client --> ... ... -> Parent Squid --> AV (inspects HTTP, it it
is 'infected', do a "TCP Disconnect" as seen on Sysinternals Procmon)
--> Website
*There was no "TCP Disconnect" for 'clean' pages.

From what I observe when the client is directly connected to the
Parent Squid, I got the following message in Parent.
I am OK with this message in Parent, but how can I let the Child also
know that and display similar message when Parent got it instead of
hung?

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt

The following error was encountered:

   * Read Error

The system returned:

   (10054) WSAECONNRESET, Connection reset by peer.

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network.
Please retry your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Fri, 21 May 2010 15:29:41 GMT by test-caf801f8d2 (squid/2.7.STABLE8)

thanks,
James Tan