Re: [squid-users] Unexpected restart of Squid

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 22:25:20 +0200

tis 2010-05-25 klockan 11:56 -0700 skrev flm:
> Hi all,
> My squid cache.log indicates a lot of unexpected lines like :
> Starting Squid Cache version 2.7.Stable6 for ...
>
> I don't know why my squid process go missing. It happens about 40 to 50 a
> day
> The line just before Starting Squid are for exemple :
> storeLateRelease: released xx objects
> or
> storeUpdateCopy: Error at xxx
> or
> ipcacheParse: No address records in response to 'xxxxxx'
>
> Could you advice me how can I troubleshoot this issue ?

Begin by upgrading to a more current release. Current 2.7 is
2.7.STABLE9.

But usually the cause to squid silently dying with no messages is that
some of it's log files hit the magical 2GB barrier and your Squid is not
compiled with large file support. This assuming you are NOT using the -C
command line option which silences most crashes..