[squid-users] Squid3 HA-LB Cluster

From: Tóth Tibor Péter <tibor.peter.toth_at_mtv.hu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:37:20 +0200

Hello!

I would like to set up two squid nodes to cache our public internet usage for client PCs.
I was thinking to set up squid and use Heartbeat on the servers to have an active/passive cluster  in case of one of the servers stops.

But why would I have two squid nodes running while one of it smoking from work, and the other just watching ??
I would like to put both nodes to work and somehow get a cluster set up as well, so in case one node is down then the internet would be still available trough the other node.

Any help would be apprechiated!

Thanks!