Re: [squid-users] Youtube -An error occured, please try again later

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:32:43 +1200

GIGO . wrote:
> Hi henrik,
>
> Right now i don't have my access.log. (will share it with you after the weekend) However let me tell you that after setting the negative_ttl to 0. Apparently the problem was resolved. But i need to be sure about it.
>
> Do you think that this had resolved the problem?

Quite probably.

negative_ttl forces Squid to cache and provide ALL clients with the 4xx
or 5xx error page for a certain length of time. Even if it was only a
temporary issue due to a single client request failure. It's a manually
added DoS vulnerability to every Squid which uses it.

It's rarely useful nowdays even for its original purpose of reducing 404
flooding of backend servers.

Amos

--
Please be using