[squid-users] Issues with DNS and Transparent Proxy

From: <trainier_at_kalsec.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:39:14 -0400

We have a squid 3.1.1 box running transparently. Certain hostnames for
local web servers are not getting resolved by the name server which squid
and the local system are properly pointed at.

If the users point their web browser to the ip address of these web
servers, they can access just fine. If I request host addresses for these
hostnames on the system itself, they resolve just fine. I've even
pointedly told squid which name servers to use via the 'dns_nameservers'
directive.

Still, certain hostnames don't get resolved, yet others do - from the same
zone. Squid's logs aren't telling me much of anything.

Regards,

Tim R. Rainier
Systems Administrator II
Kalsec Inc.
http://www.kalsec.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure, and no waiver of any privilege is
intended. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have
received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender and delete all
copies.