Re: [squid-users] blocking linkedin

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:39:53 +1200

Nadeem Semaan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have facing a problem with blocking linkedin website and its been
> driving me crazy. I have an external acl for blocking sites, the acl
> includes:
>
> .linkedin .linkedin. linkedin.
>
> as well as
>
> .facebook .facebook. facebook.
>
> Facebook gets blocked but for some weird reason linkedin does not. I
> have also tried putting the site in a dstdomain url_regex instead of
> dstdom_regex and still the same problem. The weird thing is that the
> linkedin outlook connector in Office 2010 gets blocked. I also
> checked (and quadruple checked) and there are no exceptions made for
> linkedin.

Your confusion is showing.

external acl - (AKA external_acl_type) is a program or script which
returns OK/ERR and is used as an ACL test.

"dstdomain url_regex" - no such thing.

dstdomain - is a text test matching the domain of a request

url_regex - is a regular expression match against the entire full-URL.

dstdom_regex - is a regular expression match against teh domain name of
a request.

What I think you want is this:
   acl block dstdomain .facebook.com .linkedin.com

You then use the "block" ACL in http_access rules to allow/deny requests.

Amos

--
Please be using