[squid-users] Re: CALAMARIS LOG ANALYSIS

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:57:33 +0200

> Dear Amos & Jakob,
Please do not address list members directly. This is generally
considered impolite.

> 1. A guidance to make the better script within /etc/squid/squid.conf

Do not mess around too much with it at the beginning. To learn about
squid, use a clean non-production machine and there you can experiment
with a fresh squid setup. Starting with the default configuration,
change one parameter at a time and test what id does.

> 1. Please see the cache statistic item at the attached file. We
> concern the bandwith saving result which is displaying 0%
> result. Any modification could be recommended with our script to
> enhance the proxy performance and better reliability? Please see
> the hereunder for your perusal.

As you have more errors 403 than everything else this is no wonder. You
hav not told us for what purpose you want to use the proxy, so we cannot
really help you much.

Best regards,
Jakob Curdes