Re: [squid-users] Re: CALAMARIS LOG ANALYSIS

From: Muhammad Nur Ihsan <mnurihsan_at_grahamedia.net.id>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:00:26 +0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jakob Curdes" <jc_at_info-systems.de>
To: <squid-users_at_squid-cache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:57 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Re: CALAMARIS LOG ANALYSIS

>> Dear Amos & Jakob,
> Please do not address list members directly. This is generally considered
> impolite.
>>
>> 1. A guidance to make the better script within /etc/squid/squid.conf
>>
> Do not mess around too much with it at the beginning. To learn about
> squid, use a clean non-production machine and there you can experiment
> with a fresh squid setup. Starting with the default configuration, change
> one parameter at a time and test what id does.
>
>> 1. Please see the cache statistic item at the attached file. We
>> concern the bandwith saving result which is displaying 0%
>> result. Any modification could be recommended with our script to
>> enhance the proxy performance and better reliability? Please see
>> the hereunder for your perusal.
>>
> As you have more errors 403 than everything else this is no wonder. You
> hav not told us for what purpose you want to use the proxy, so we cannot
> really help you much.
>
> Best regards,
> Jakob Curdes

Sorry for address list members directly and the inconvinience caused and my
impoliteness. I really don't have any intention to be. Please advise the
nettiquete of this mailing list.

The proxy machine is intended to be a DHCP server and proxy for school labs.
Please humbly seeking your further advice or you may guide for a
comprehensive and easy understanding references to fix the errors 403. I'm
really newbie in Squid.

Look forward to your response soon. Thank you.

Kindest regards,
Muhammad Nur Ihsan
Grahamedia POP Demak & Mranggen ! Jl. Pemuda No. 52 Rt.002/Rw.007 Bintoro -
Demak !
Zip Code: 59511 ! Phone: 0291-685-200; Cell:
024-5019-0990/0888-250-1827/0812-821-2850 !
E-mail: mnurihsan_at_grahamedia.net.id ! Web: www.grahamedia.net.id !
YM ID: dzialthov_at_yahoo.com ! Skype ID: mnurihsan