Re: [squid-users] Re: CALAMARIS LOG ANALYSIS

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:14:11 +0200

> The proxy machine is intended to be a DHCP server and proxy for school
> labs. Please humbly seeking your further advice or you may guide for a
> comprehensive and easy understanding references to fix the errors 403.
> I'm really newbie in Squid.

I suggest you start with the configuration mentioned in the section
"configuring squid" of the wiki.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#Do_you_have_a_squid.conf_example.3F

You need to change this config only in one or two items:

acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8 # RFC 1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12 # RFC 1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC 1918 possible internal network
* Add or replace your own local networks here!

http_port 3128
* if you want a different port, change this line.

Then:

- make sure your clients can reach the proxy, maybe ypu need to adapt firewall settings on the proxy server
(you can check this by doing a "telnet ip-address-of-proxy-server 3128", if you get a connection window you can reach the proxy.)

- check that the internet browser "connection" settings of you clients point to the proxy.

- browse the internet

- check that you are using the proxy by looking at the "access_log" of squid.

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes