[squid-users] Round Robin Local Public IP

From: eugenevdm <eugene_at_snowball.co.za>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 06:34:19 -0700 (PDT)

I use videocache to cache Youtube savings me thousands of dollars every month
in bandwidth. Occasionally I am getting:

"ALTERNATE_URL_OPEN_ERR YOUTUBE HTTP ERROR : 403 : An error occured while
retrieving the alternate video id."
and
"DOWNLOAD_ERR YOUTUBE HTTP Error 403: Forbidden"

Apparently the solution is to round-robin my local outbound IP address so
that with each request the local outbound IP address changes. I am referring
to is the "Forwarded-For" address that needs to change. I guess this makes
Youtube think that my request is coming from another IP address then
servicing it. Some guys on videocache even speak about having 10 different
IPs.

In order to get this working I added a virtual IP to the only interface on
the box. Next I don't know what to do. I investigated
'tcp_outbound_address', 'round-robin', and 'balance_on_mutiple_ip' but none
of these parameters appears to address my issue. 'tcp_outbound_address'
sounded good but appears to only be applicable if you have different source
networks. I don't want to round-robin based on the source network. I want to
round-robin the local IP automatically with each outgoing request.

Please assist.