Re: [squid-users] maxage/s-maxage on reverse proxy mode

From: sheng zheng <sheng.zheng_at_etimestech.jp>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:09:50 +0900

Henrik Nordström:
> ons 2010-06-23 klockan 15:36 +0900 skrev sheng zheng:
>

>> content when the backend original web servers send a dynamic page with
>> "max-age=60 s-maxage=120" header?
>>

> That s-maxage should be fine, even if quite short.

But the expiry time of the dynamic page will be different in each of
squid, so the content of the page will be also different. By removing
"Cache-Control" header and replacing with "Expires" header , can make
all squids have a same expiry time of the page. But "Expires" header
can't set the expiry time of cache for browser(max-age) or
squid(s-maxage) separately.
>> Is there a way to search the neighbor cache peers first
>>

> Should be sufficient to have siblings defined I think, but have a vague
> memory of this being a problem in accelerator setups.
>
> Which Squid version are you using?
>
> Try setting "nonhierarchical_direct off".

I have tried "nonhierarchical_direct off" , but still not work. All
requests seems to be sent to originserver first. No ICP_QUERY between
the sibling squids.

We are using squid/2.6.STABLE21 (Red Hat modified).

Thank you.

-Sheng