[squid-users] Squid Custom Cache-Key

From: Sharad Ganapathy <sharadgana_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:17:54 +0530

Hi,

We plan to use squid in reverse proxy mode ( Squid fronting a third
party API). All our urls will have some custom fields that need to be
sent to the third party will making the call. We want to strip those
custom fields and store the remaining part of the url as the Cache Key.
This will help us in improving our cache-hit ratio.

Eg:

Consider this is the URL that Squid requests from the Backend :

/abc.php?a=1&b=2&uniq=456

We want to cache the response with the key of (abc.php?a=1&b=2) as the
uniq field will be always dynamic and different.

While doing a lookup inside its cache , can we also strip the uniq key ?

Sharad