Re: [squid-users] Squid Custom Cache-Key

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:23:54 +0200

ons 2010-06-23 klockan 13:17 +0530 skrev Sharad Ganapathy:

> Consider this is the URL that Squid requests from the Backend :
>
> /abc.php?a=1&b=2&uniq=456
>
> We want to cache the response with the key of (abc.php?a=1&b=2) as the
> uniq field will be always dynamic and different.
>
> While doing a lookup inside its cache , can we also strip the uniq key ?

Squid-2.7 can do this with it's store url rewrite feature.

Squid-3 can only strip the uniq part completely from the request via the
url rewrite feature, and will work fine if the web server do not really
need the uniq part.

But if the web server really needs the uniq part and you need to ignore
it for cache purposes (and rewriting to a static uniq part is not an
option) then 2.7 with store url rewrite is your best option.