Re: [squid-users] Make a Default Home Page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:27:45 +1200

John Dakos wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have a Hotspot with FreeBSD 8 , PF , and Squid 3.1.4 . Is Working
> very well.
>
> I want to make a DEFAULT HOME PAGE for all clients on web browser's
>
> Is possible that with Squid ?

Yes.

  Since you start with the HotSpot I assume you mean its either public
or randoms can join and you want a "splash" page on first visit?

That is done by configuring deny_info URL with an external_acl_type ACL
which tells Squid who the first-timers are and blocks them. Thus sending
to the deny_info page.
The Squid bundled session helper does a trivial form of session
management. Or something else can be scripted for more customized access.

Amos

--
Please be using