Re: [squid-users] Squid tcp_outgoing_address.

From: Scott Horsley <scott.horsley_at_staff.netspace.net.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:54:09 +1000

On 5/07/10 4:07 PM, "Notino" <truebassline_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have setup squid on a VPS and successfully got the main IP to work with
> nsa_auth and all is working 100% fine. My question is I am about to purchase
> 50 IP addresses becuase I would like to add them on so private clients can
> use.
>
> How would this be setup? I have looked around and heard I need to setup
> tcp_outgoing_address;
> So in this case would it be like so....
>
> 80.90.90.01:port
> 80.90.90.02:port
> 80.90.90.03:port
> And so on....
>
> So if a client uses 80.90.90.01:port he/she will login with username and
> passsword from nsa_auth and start browsing? Then the next client can use
> 80.90.90.02:port and so on and so on?
>
> Thanks.

This is for squid 3 and may or may not be the best approach but it might
help.
You could probably setup an ACL that uses "myip"

manual: http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid30/accesscontrols.php#myip

acl myip1 myip 172.16.1.53/32

Then use the tcp_outgoing_address to use it

http_port 80.90.90.03:port
acl myip1 myip 80.90.90.03/32

tcp_outgoing_address 80.90.90.03 password myip1
http_access allow password myip1

Hope that helps. Each client would still need to point at a particular IP
address that you have configured though.

Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Please note that
 any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
 author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any