[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy with https

From: Phil McDonnell <phil.a.mcdonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:16:20 -0700

I currently have a site running on Google App Engine under
mysite.appspot.com. App Engine has a limitation where it can only
serve https from the appspot domain name and not mydomain.com. I want
to use a squid proxy to redirecthttps://www.mydomain.com to serve
content from https://mysite.appspot.com. This would keep everything
https the whole way through.

Does anyone know how to configure such a setup? I'm a bit confused on
what the various commands in squid.cnf do. I've setup some certs
according to the wiki here
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/SslWithWildcardCertifiate),
but I'm confused as that wiki seems to be describing a situation that
is a bit different than mine. It doesn't really explain what it's
doing so it's hard to translate for what I need. Does anyone know
what I need to do here?

Many thanks,
Phil