Re: [squid-users] transparenty proxy + upstream proxy download limit

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:55:06 +1200

NublaII Lists wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just set up a transparent proxy on my network and enabled an
> upstream proxy as well.
>
> Everything is working perfectly but I discovered a problem with
> downloads: I can only download up to 350M and the connections gets
> chopped after that.

Your next step is to do full-debug cache.log traces and maybe packet
traces to see where the abort is happening.

It smells like a network quota being enforced.

> I don't have any kind of restrictions on the configurations, and the
> upstream proxy config is almost untouched (I only made the changes
> needed to make it talk to the transparent proxy)
>
> Just in case, both servers are running squid, versions:
>
> transparent proxy: 2.7.8
> upstream proxy: 3.0.STABLE19

Please don't use "transparent proxy" when describing a problem. The term
means as many as fours completely different concepts and lends people to
assuming the wrong things sometimes.
  I assume you mean "http_port .. transparent", but may be one of the
others.

Amos

--
Please be using