RE: [squid-users] Squid2-only plugin from Secure Computing

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 23:09:01 +0200

ons 2010-07-14 klockan 10:50 +0200 skrev Christoph Goeldi:

> I'm still interested in Smartfilter for newer Squid versions (v3.0 and
> v3.1). It's the best URL filter I know, or do you know any better
> software which also would work with Squid?

Their UrlRewriter/Redirector integration should work with both squid
versions.

The integration that patches Squid-2 obviously won't work with Squid-3,
and has always been a little muddy as licenses do not allow you to
distribute such binaries to anyone, not even if the receiver is licensed
for both Squid & Smartfilter separately.