Re: [squid-users] SSL Reverse Proxy to Support Multiple Web Site WITHOUT wildcard crt

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 01:06:39 +1200

Nikolaos Pavlidis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As the subject suggests, I am looking to support multiple ssl sites with
> different certificates for each one. The only doc that I manage to find
> is
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/SslWithWildcardCertifiate
>
> which was very helpful to setup the first host but did not provide much
> on the addition of a second or third one.Any help will be much
> appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The wildcard certificate handles multiple sites with one certificate. So
  the that config is not what you want. The final part about squid
configuration is loosely relevant, but...

To use separate certificates for each site configure an https_port on a
different IP for each site and generate a non-wildcard certificate for
  each of the domain+IP pairs.

After the https_port are setup its normal virtual hosting setup of
cache_peer and related entries to source the requests. You can follow
the config on that wildcard cert page, or the VirtualHosting config page.

Amos

--
Please be using