Re: [squid-users] block usres who create their own proxy behind main proxy

From: Marcello Romani <mromani_at_ottotecnica.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:19:58 +0200

goody goody ha scritto:
> Marcello Romani,
>

> 1) Ports are blocked on network firewall.
>
> 2) Siblings are also not allowed in main proxy.
>
> 3) We can stop the users only when we come to know what they are doing which is
> really difficult to identify presently.
>
> I am monitoring his browsing logs to get a break through but if there is some
> capability in squid then it would be nice to know and implement.
>

> Regards,
> .Goody.

Hi,
      first remember to respond also to the mailing list, otherwise
other people won't see your response and you'll loose potential help.

Back to the topic. I think you should investigate the header inspection
capabilities of squid, to detect requests that come from proxies (e.g.
Via headers), and stop them or at least make them appear in the logs.

HTH

Marcello