RE: [squid-users] Google SSL searches

From: Mellem, Dan <Dan.Mellem_at_pomona.k12.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:32:08 -0700

Instead of dstdomain, you could use a regular expression. You could use a pattern like:

^(www\.)?(google\.com?(\...)?)

Which would catch:
google.co
google.com
google.co.XX where XX is any two characters
google.com.XX "" ""
(with and without www.)

That would probably catch most of them without blocking too many legitimate sites. However, I think Google uses encrypted.google.com for HTTPS.

-Dan