RE: [squid-users] hi

From: Albert Wang <albert_wang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:04:27 +0000

Thanks Amos and flyinghawk2k.

I think I actually got squid built and running.
I ran ./configure with just the " --prefix=/usr/local/squid" option to get started.
I didn't change anything in the squid.conf file.
After I started squid, a "ps" command yielded expected results.
I then configured my browser to point to local host, port 3128, and entered a known url.
The access.log file showed entries reflecting resources downloaded from the url entered.
I stopped squid, and tried to refresh the previous url, but it failed as expected.

I seemed to have some trouble getting squid to stop with "squid -k shutdown".
Is there a more advisable way to stop squid?
Also, where can I find the squid.pid file?

TIA,
Albert Wang