Re: [squid-users] Can a cache be "too big"?

From: Isaac Witmer <isaaclw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:13:47 +0300

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Marcus Kool
<marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com> wrote:
> yes.
> 1) the index is in memory and needs 10-20 MB index in memory for each GB on disk

I was under the impression (from the oriely squid manual) that recent
versions do not use up extra RAM with bigger caches.
But maybe I read it wrong?
Also, I'm a bit confused as there's only one apparent "memory" option
in the squid configuration.

Could you explain/point me to a tutorial?